Fees and Payment
- All financial transactions for lessons with eTalkEnglish are completed in Canadian dollars and made through PayPal unless stated otherwise.
- We do not accept personal checks or money orders.
- Courses will not begin until full payment is received.
- A minimum of 24 hours notice is required for any cancellation of scheduled lesson.
- Failure to notify eTalkEnglish of a lesson cancellation or failure to notify us prior to 24 hours will be deemed as though the student had attended and that lesson will be charged.
- All notifications must be done by email to email@example.com
- Occasionally the instructor may have an unavoidable emergency or illness that could result in them having no option other than to cancel the class for that day or week. When this happens the student will be notified by email as soon as the instructor knows.
- The instructor will arrange for a make-up lesson for that week.
- In the event of a longer absence, eTalkEnglish reserves the right to assign the student to one of our other qualified instructors.
Class Attendance and Punctuality
- All students and teachers are expected to meet on Skype at the scheduled lesson time.
- If the student is late for more than10 minutes for the lesson without notice, the instructor may leave Skype and the student will lose the class without a refund.
- If the student is late for the lesson (within 10 minutes), extra time added at the end of the lesson is at the discretion of the instructor.
- In the unlikely event that the instructor is late, the instructor must add any extra time at the end of the lesson or at another time, as agreed upon between the student and instructor.
- Group classes are only offered when a minimum number of students are enrolled in the course.
- eTalkEnglish reserves the right to cancel/postpone group lessons when the minimum number of enrollment is not met.
- The price quoted for the group rate is the amount payable by each individual student in the group.
- Each student in the group must pay in full for lessons before group classes begin.
- No refunds are offered for any group classes purchased under any circumstances.
- It is the student’s responsibility to have the necessary equipment available for lessons. A headset with microphone, connection to high-speed internet and a Skype ID is required for all lessons. A webcam is optional, unless otherwise stated.
- Always check that audio equipment is working in Skype before the lesson begins. Add ‘echo123’ to your Skype contacts for a quick audio check of your headset.
- eTalkEnglish is unable to refund any lessons where potential technical issues have not been tested before the start of the lesson. If there are technical problems on the student’s side at lesson time, it is not the responsibility of eTalkEnglish
- In the event eTalkEnglish experiences technical problems at the time of a scheduled lesson and we are unable to provide our regular services we will arrange for a make-up lesson at the earliest convenience for the student, however, no refund shall be given.
- eTalkEnglish, its students, its staff, and its instructors are in no way liable for any damage caused by Skype.
This site is presented and operated by eTalkEnglish from within Canada. eTalkEnglish makes no representation that information or materials available on this site, or on other sites linked to this site, are appropriate or available for use in other locations, or accessible from locations where their contents may be illegal or prohibited. If you choose to access this site from other locations, you do so of your own initiative and are solely responsible for compliance with applicable local laws.
Restrictions on use
The content of this website contains copyrighted material (including but not limited to code, copy and media) of eTalkEnglish or others.
You may not copy, modify, republish, or distribute any of these materials for commercial use without the express written permission of eTalkEnglish or other copyright owner. Any material downloaded for reference or non commercial use must retain any copyright notices.
This website contains links to websites operated by other parties. We do not control such websites and eTalkEnglish take no responsibility for, and will not incur any liability in respect of, their content. Our inclusion of links to such websites does not imply any endorsement of views, statements or information contained in such websites.
Disclaimer of warranty
While eTalkEnglish attempts to provide accurate information or materials on this site, or on any sites linked to this site, all such information is provided “as is.” and eTalkEnglish does not warrant or make any representations regarding the validity, accuracy, completeness, or reliability of such information or materials, or of the results of using same.